Mills James is currently experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking an experienced staff accountant to join our finance team. The staff accountant will work closely with the CFO and will be responsible for assisting in compliance reporting, managerial reporting and statistical analysis. The staff accountant will also be responsible for updating budgeting models, generating job cost analysis reports and will serve as a backup for various accounting functions including biweekly payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable as determined. The successful candidate will also collect pertinent information for third-party audits, as well as strategic information for managerial reporting. We are looking for a motivated and energetic person who takes initiative and takes extreme pride in their financial work.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or four years’ related experience in the field of accounting or finance, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Proven able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Strong data analytical skills
- The highest level of communication and organization skills, and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects is required
- A high degree of adaptability to a continually changing environment
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals and logs
- Follow Mills James established accounting processes
- Provide backup support to Paychex payroll processing
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry
- Perform monthly bank settlements
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Provide detailed analysis and explanations of all transactions
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Report accurate financial results that comply with generally accepted accounting principles
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired are required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.