The ideal candidate for a Staging Technician at Mills James will possess general knowledge of audio, lighting, video, set up and have the know-how to work with all aspects of production. You are directly responsible for delivery, set up, operation and tear-down of audio visual equipment.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must learn and become adept at using Mills James' Xytech MediaPulse facilities management software.
- Valid driver’s license required. Required to obtain US Passport, Class-B CDL certification and medical card if necessary.
- Must be available for minimal travel and work flexible hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Set up and strike equipment for assigned shows and events; perform operating technician role on shows as needed
- Working knowledge of lighting, sound and video operations in a Live environment.
- Perform warehouse operational duties including checking in and out audiovisual equipment, loading equipment into vehicles, quality checking equipment and performing basic maintenance on AV equipment [i.e., fixing cables, soldering connector, etc.]
- Maintain the inventory of all equipment cases and communicate equipment maintenance needs to Logistics Manager or Specialists.
- Pick up and deliver rental equipment as needed.
- Check and store equipment for inventory completeness.
- Maintain the warehouse as a clean and safe working environment.
- Collaborate on and completes projects on warehouse maintenance and projects lists, or other tasks assigned by Logistics Manager.
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.