Web Streaming Manager/Engineer [Columbus]
We are seeking an experienced web streaming engineer who will engage with clients, vendors and internal stakeholders to create and engineer end-to-end web streaming and remote communication services. You will make improvements to deliver reliable and flexible solutions. You will also serve as project manager on-site, leading a crew of internal employees, freelancers and vendors to implement the creative vision.
Please review the requirements carefully before submitting your application for this position.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- Proven experience with hardware and software livestreaming encoders
- Thorough understanding of computer networking, bandwidth and data transmission
- Experience with streaming services such as Livestream, Facebook Live, YouTube and Twitch
- Proficiency in the implementation of live video productions and technologies
- A high degree of adaptability to a continually changing environment
- Valid driver’s license required. Required to obtain US Passport and medical card if necessary. Must be available for 60% travel and work flexible hours.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this full-time position successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Discuss and assess project needs with internal and external clients.
- Create and advise on budgeting and project scope.
- Work alone or with a team to create end-to- end solutions.
- Setup and operate information technology, AV and production equipment.
- Direct the streaming video portion of live events. This will often include operating a switcher, directing cameras and cueing content.
- Manage multiple projects and ensures a high level of client service.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Supervise and coordinate crews of roughly two to four technicians on various projects.
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.