Event Production manager [MJx]
The Production Manager is responsible for technical drawings, renderings, budgeting, booking, managing, and billing high level live events. The PM creates professional quality documentation of the event for clients and production team and understands the creative vision of the project or event, works closely with the Producer to maintain it. We are looking for a motivated and energetic individual who takes initiative, enjoys creating sleek design, and takes extreme pride in their work.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in the design and operation of audio, video, lighting, and rigging systems.
- Understanding of power and safety procedures in a live environment.
- Proficiency with CAD-based software (or Vectorworks/Renderworks) to create seating layouts, production design and renderings.
- The highest level of communication skills, organization skills and ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects is required.
- A high degree of adaptability to a continually changing environment.
- Valid drivers’ license required. Required to obtain U.S. Passport and medical card if necessary. Must be available for 60% travel and work flexible hours. CDL may be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute strategic and analytical thinking to successfully and consistently assess and prioritize tasks that are critical to the operational success of MJx productions.
- Directly supervises and coordinates production crews, equipment and technical needs on various MJx projects.
- Schedules production meetings with the technical staff.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the production budget at all times and assists others in making strategic economic decisions.
- Ensures that all MJx staff and outside vendors are communicating to maintain efficiency through all steps in the production process.
- Assist Traffic Manager and Staging and Logistics Manager with the coordination of travel and trucking for crew and equipment to and from local and out-of-town venues as required.
- Supervise the technical staff on location during install, show and strike. Assists the troubleshooting and problem solving during install as needed.
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.