Mills James is seeking an Art Director | Project Lead who has a strong background in design and team management. At least three years of experience directing a team is preferred. Knowledge in both design for print and animation is ideal.
This role will be in direct communication with clients that expect quick turn-around time and the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously. This position sometimes requires the individual to act as an internal creative agency while also possessing the skills to create the work physically. Other times this role will be delegating tasks to other team members and directing them on execution. This is a position that will need to offer 24/7 access to clients. That’s not to say that every week will be demanding, but when the time calls, this role will need to be available to clients with emergencies.
The key position responsibilities will be directed towards two Fortune 500 brands, and all marketing needs they have. This role will manage video, audio, and design requests, and will also offer help and design guidance to other team members on different brands.
REQUIREMENTS AND DUTIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university
- At least three years of graphic design or video production experience working as a professional with corporate clients
- Proficiency in all aspects of design and/or video production
- Ability to work with a production team on innovative approaches to capture stories
- Show samples showcasing proficiency with design and motion graphics software (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects)
- Social media creation experience and ability to provide art direction based on brand equities and requirements
- Ability to create storyboards for shot direction
- Understanding Brand work and how to turn client creative briefs into executable content
- Ability to work in a fast-paced corporate, professional environment, being proactive, and working on tight deadlines
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and work with high-level corporate executives
- Work with team members effectively on video productions in studio and field environments
- Must be a self-starter and willing to learn, take online tutorials, and adapt
- Must treat deadlines with a sense of urgency, work well under pressure, and possess a high degree of adaptability
- Basic IT skillset; the ability to troubleshoot computer issues, updates, and keep the system optimized is a plus
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.