Mills James seeks a full-time Head Rigger to manage and facilitate a Cleveland conference center’s rigging needs.
The Head Rigger will work directly with customers, providing sales quotes and time estimates for rigging jobs. Responsibilities involve securing equipment and truss, following relevant laws, directing and overseeing other operators, performing equipment installation, and completing final assembly and testing of all equipment.
This position is based in Cleveland, Ohio, at the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of two years’ stage production rigging experience
- Trained in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines
- Must pass drug and alcohol testing, a vision exam, and standard physical
- Aerial Lift Certification Required
- Must be able to read and make CAD drawings
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with lifts, motors, and come alongs to help secure both small and large truss, signage, and supporting cabling
- Ensures safety at the property — equipment is not damaged, and individuals are not hurt
- Directs the operators of the rigging equipment, reporting any issues, and documenting completed work orders
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.