Mills James has an immediate opening for a full-time Junior Web Developer with a passion and experience for video streaming services. Candidates must be comfortable working in a client-focused environment, which may lead to on-site meetings and participation in streaming events.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and maintain landing pages/apps for streaming events
- Prototyping pages in React per client requirements and changes
- Participate in the creation of new websites for customers and Mills James based web efforts
- Advise on which streaming platform is applicable for the projects at hand
- Research and become the expert in current and future streaming offerings
Must have experience with the following development applications:
- CSS, HTML, JS, React JS, Git Workflow, and Google Cloud Services
Preferred familiarity with:
- NextJS, NodeJS, Firebase, GraphQL, VSCode, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a combination of education and 1-3 years related experience
- Portfolio or Git Repo demonstrating experience in the bulleted developer requirements
- Ability to work in an agency environment (short deadlines, detailed revisions, fast learning)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, agile-based development environment
- Focused time management skills with the ability to prioritize projects to meet changing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills to work with dynamic teams
- Graphic design skills
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.