Mills James seeks an Operations Manager to join our growing Hospitality AV team. Our mission is to transform how hospitality clients view their AV partners. That’s why discriminating hotel properties, convention centers, and Fortune 500 corporations worldwide trust their audiovisual and on-site production to us. We deliver audiovisual services worthy of their service standards.
The Operations Manager will supervise hotel or convention center daily operations. He/She/They will focus on the overall goals of the Mills James Hospitality division through exceptional customer service, innovative team development, leadership, and cost controls.
This position is based in Toledo, Ohio.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training in a live event hospitality environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum four years of customer service or hospitality experience
- 4+ years of audiovisual experience in a live show environment
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Proficient with computer software and programs, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have a valid Driver’s license
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, technology, and customer service to produce smoother workflow and cost-effective business processes
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and the community
- Provide direct supervision of team members, including scheduling and equipment resource management
- Ensures the daily labor and equipment requirements are met with internal or external resources
- Ensures that proper billing practices are maintained
- Attends BEO and Pre-Cons meetings as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Supervises and mentors operational staff to ensure client satisfaction
- Provides outstanding customer service by establishing excellent working relationships with internal and external clients, other Mills James team members, and all vendors
- Meet with guests on-site to ensure that their needs are met, and the equipment setup is working properly
PEOPLE TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Promotes and reinforces a positive working environment centered on Mills James core values
- Lead professional development and training efforts to improve overall business knowledge, technical skills, and service at the center
- Effectively use applicable company computer systems and software programs and ensure team members are adequately trained
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.