Mills James has an immediate opening for an experienced Senior Audio Specialist to join our growing Experience Group (MJx). This role works closely with clients, Producers, and Production Managers to prepare relevant audio designs and equipment for safe and timely installation and operation at live events. Serves as A1 or A2 on-site as needed, leading a crew of staff, freelancers, and vendors to implement the creative vision. Maintains and prepares audio equipment in service of the above.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attend pre-conference meetings with the Production Manager and/or Producer
- Work with the Production Manager, band, talent management, and personnel to assess technical requirements
- Work closely with the Producer and Production Manager as an Audio Director, directing the audio portion of live events, including selecting and organizing music content, recording voiceovers, assigning microphones to talent, and determining the placement of audience response microphones. In some instances where a Producer or Production Manager is not present, all audio direction may be at your discretion.
- Provide appropriate paperwork to facilitate installation, patching, tuning, and operation of audio equipment
- Manage inventories of expendables and replacement parts for audio equipment
- Evaluate freelancers on their suitability to perform audio-related functions
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities under the organization’s policies and applicable laws
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in implementing live audio technologies and concepts, including line-array and point source speaker system design and layout, frequency management, wired and wireless microphone operation, EQing, digital and analog mixing, playback, and recording
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must learn and become adept at using Mills James Media Pulse and Basecamp facilities management software
- Valid driver’s license and medical card required. May require to obtain a U.S. Passport and/or a CDL.
- Must be available for 60 percent travel and work flexible hours
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.