Mills James is seeking a dynamic Senior Audiovisual Technician with experience in rigging to join our growing Hospitality AV team. This position’s primary role is to support the execution of live events and meetings at a key conference center in the Dayton market.
This position is based in Dayton, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interact with the onsite property staff to maximize the effectiveness of our sales and service, and exceed our customer’s expectations — always with a smile
- Attend sales meetings and site visits at the property to determine AV needs by the client
- Responsible for the management of daily setup and strike of the AV equipment for meetings and events
- Perform basic maintenance on AV equipment and maintain appropriate inventory
- Communicates equipment maintenance needs to the Warehouse Logistics Manager
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Maintain a professional appearance, attitude, and extraordinary service in a hospitality environment
- Possess basic knowledge of audio, video, lighting, rigging, and computers for meeting and event purposes; understanding signal flow is a crucial requirement; computer IT or video conferencing experience is a plus
- Proven excellent client service skills, strong communication, and organizational skills — both oral and written
- Exceptional attention to the details and good troubleshooting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and able to drive box trucks and cargo vans
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, and occasional weekends
- Candidates must have a minimum of one year of experience in the audiovisual industry
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.