Mills James has an immediate opening for a Scenic Technical Director. This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works closely with the Creative Team, Production Leads, and Scene Shop Foreman to accomplish the following:
- Determine the necessary scenic requirements for live events, video productions, and expo booths presented at a facility in advance of production dates
- Advises on the preparation and control of production budgets; budgets accordingly to inventory and order specialized supplies and equipment when needed
- Creates working construction drawings and set designs that translate into workable plans for the scenic crew to build
- Knowledge of rigging safety regarding any elements placed over the stage; coordination with lighting and fly crews
- Coordinates Scenic Shop build schedule to access labor and material needs
- Assists in training and assigning staff for individual shows, orientating them on proper safety and technical requirements
- Helps as needed with set and stage construction; attends production load-in and strike at the close of the run of the show
- Makes recommendations to the Director of Logistics and COO regarding capital purchases of equipment
Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four years of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in a high-volume traffic or scheduling role
- Requires high-level communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Valid driver’s license and medical card needed; may need to work flexible hours
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.