Mills James is seeking candidates for a new position within the Columbus video operation.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven ability to produce, shoot, and edit small scale projects from beginning to end. They must be comfortable with one-to-two person shoot crews and editing on their own. He/she will also play a significant role in the growth of our internal production capabilities. This role requires strong interpersonal skills due to frequent one-on-one collaboration with clients.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in the video production industry with a strong demo reel
- Very strong client service and relationship-building skills
- Hands-on experience directing, shooting, and lighting small-scale interviews and b-roll on your own; experience shooting DSLR cameras at a minimum; bonus points for field audio recording skills or drone experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Premiere; experience with After Effects is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Ability to work unsupervised
- In touch with production technology and the production efficiencies, these technologies afford
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work closely with external and internal clients to execute video projects from initial contact through the final deliverable
- Gather all necessary logistical details required to perform flawless productions
- Respond to internal and external requests in a professional and timely manner
- Gain mastery of Xytech MediaPulse scheduling, manage resources and review projects
- Work to ensure processes, pricing, and standards meet client expectations
- Possess a high degree of adaptability to continually changing environments
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.