Mills James has an immediate opening for a Videographer. The qualified candidate(s) must demonstrate expertise and passion for shooting video content in the field or studio. They must have an advanced skillset as it pertains to grip, lighting, audio equipment, and a variety of digital video and DSLR cameras.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate closely with outside clients as well as internal Mills James personnel
- Shoot video in the studio or location; occasional travel is needed
- Responsible for the technical quality of the shoot
- Follow travel and safety practices outlined by Mills James and the FAA
- Coordinate and manage the video equipment for a location shoot
- Communicate closely with the Field and Studio Manager to ensure all details and deliverables are set as they pertain to the production
- Dress appropriately for the location and the client
- Adhere to internal billing practices and adopt several computer applications that aid in the communication of shoot details and correct billing information
The qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Extraordinary client skills with a passion for video storytelling; must include an online portfolio of your relevant video work with your application
- Ability to work unsupervised on location or in a production studio
- A positive, solutions-focused, can-do attitude with a desire to continually learn and innovate
- Possess the more nuanced skills needed to think on your feet
- A Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in videography are required for this position
- Enthusiastic and able to inspire creativity and collaboration with the production team and the client
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills are required for this position
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, and weekends as necessary
- Valid driver’s license and medical card required; may be required to obtain US Passport
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.