Our Finance Team is seeking a full-time, organized, meticulous Bookkeeper to join a growing team. The Bookkeeper is tasked with the day-to-day financial transactions for the organization. Daily tasks are to process and record transactions like purchases, payroll, accounts receivable, bill payments/payables.
This role operates out of our Columbus, Ohio, office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintain historical records
- Pay employees and contractors by verifying expense reports and preparing paychecks
- Pay vendors by scheduling paychecks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally respond to all vendor inquiries regarding finance
- Prepare analysis of accounts and produce monthly reports
- Interact with employers and vendors daily, so it is imperative always to be able to interact in a professional manner
- Accounts receivable experience in client billing and monitoring payments
- Provide backup Paychex Payroll administrative support to the organization, including bi-weekly payroll processing to ensure accurate, timely payroll submissions
Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Previous bookkeeping and accounting skills are required
- High School graduate or equivalent, associate degree preferred; three years of general accounting experience
- Well-developed interpersonal communication and organization skills
- Motivated, self-starter that can also work on a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines
- Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:00 pm is the standard schedule
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com