The Rigging Coordinator will oversee and perform rigging activities at the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland and uphold safety and quality standards per all trade, Mills James/property guidelines, and SOPs. They will work remotely with the Director of Rigging, who will serve as the primary contact for all rigging work and provide the Coordinator with different projects. The Rigging Coordinator will work directly with the Director of Operations, and Sales Manager to provide CAD diagrams of the venue to prospective clients. The Coordinator will assist current clients with rigging advances, perform hands-on rigging, and supervise rigging team members during events.
This full-time position is based in Cleveland, Ohio.
Below is a description of the position’s key responsibilities.
PRE-PRODUCTION AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Coordinate and schedule rigging labor and high-lift equipment for all events requiring rigging services
- Specify and coordinate rigging equipment, setup labor, and power needs
- Attend major production meetings as necessary to ensure the safety and efficiency of the show
- Attend scheduled meetings with the Director of Rigging to review projects, rigging plots that are approved/designed by the Director, SOP, and basic scheduling needs
SAFETY AND EVENT EXECUTION
- Responsible for all rigging labor efforts and overhead safety during an event, which may include inspection of ground-supported structures and systems designed for aerial performance
- Oversee rigging operations for conventions, tradeshows, and exhibitions, including hanging banners, signage, and production equipment
- Visually inspect all hardware in use, including motors, personnel lifts, and power systems
- Remain on-site until all motors have been raised to trim, a final safety check has been performed, and the client acknowledges completion of rigging
- Ensure equipment, physical structure, and personnel are always “show-ready” through execution of motor/equipment maintenance, point and AWP inspections, and training
- Review compliance with all OSHA regulations and ANSI standards pertaining to AWP/MEWP operation, rigging and hoist systems, and power systems
- Acquire and maintain proper certifications, as necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in rigging in either the entertainment, theatrical, or production environment, including but not limited to working as both ground and overhead rigger
- Understanding of power and safety procedures in a live environment; must have a high degree of safety awareness
- Lift operation experience: lift certification preferred
- Up and ground rigging experience
- An elevated level of communication skills, organization skills, and ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects is required
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with customers and leadership teams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license required, required to obtain U.S. Passport and medical card if necessary
- Able to pass all required employment screenings, such as a drug test and criminal background check
- Analytical Thinking
- Concern for Quality
- Surpass Customer Expectations
- Establishing Focus
- Production Awareness
Work is performed in a hotel or convention center with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures, dirt, sand, and dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end equipment and electrical components and be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders for extended periods. Occasional travel is unlikely but possible, as team members may be asked to work in multiple event locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines defined by Mills James based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org