Video specialist [live events/Mjx]
As Video Director for Mills James, your role will help set the vision and execution of spectacular live events. Combining innovative technology knowledge, with superb customer service, you will be responsible for planning, organizing and executing seamless audio-visual experiences for our clients. You will work closely with the production team to prepare relevant video designs and equipment for safe and timely installation and operation at live events. You will support video positions on-site as needed, leading a crew of staff, freelancers and vendors to implement the creative vision.
- Minimum four years’ professional experience with all aspects of video execution of live business or corporate events
- Must learn and become adept at using Xytech Enterprise facilities management software
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with individuals involved with all levels of production (clients, producers, production managers, venue managers, event planners, etc.)
- Willingness and flexibility to work nights and weekends, including out-of-town and overnight trips, and frequent 40+ hour work weeks
- Valid driver’s license required; may require CDL. Required to obtain US Passport and medical card if necessary.
- Proficiency in the implementation of live video technologies and concepts, i.e., projection alignment and blending, switcher programming and operation, camera operation and direction, engineering, playback and recording. Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Producer and Production Manager as a Video Director, directing the video portion of live events (including placement of talent and scenic elements for the best camera shots, cueing video and graphics, directing camera operators, etc.) In instances where a producer or production manager are not present, all video direction may be at your own discretion.
- Assist Logistics Manager to resolve conflicts with video resources and suggest appropriate outside rentals resources as needed
- Work closely with the Director of Technology to organize, manage and maintain video equipment and technology
- Assist Warehouse Manager as needed to pull, scan and load/unload equipment, and check-in equipment
- Assist Director of Technology in the pursuit of live video solutions that best serve our clients’ present and future needs
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.