Mills James is seeking a Director of Operations to join our growing Tampa Hospitality AV team. The Director of Operations will supervise Hotel or Convention Center daily operations with a focus on the overall goals of Mills James Hospitality division through executional customer service, innovative team development, leadership and cost controls.
At Mills James, our mission is to transform how hospitality clients view their AV partners. That’s why discriminating hotel properties, convention centers, and Fortune 500 corporations worldwide trust their audiovisual and onsite production to us. We deliver audiovisual services worthy of their service standards.
This full-time position is based on site in Tampa, Florida.
Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, technology, and customer service to produce smoother workflow and cost-effective business processes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Provides direct supervision of team members including scheduling and equipment resource management
- Ensures the daily labor and equipment requirements are met be it with internal or external resources.
- Ensures that proper billing practices are maintained.
- Attends BEO and Pre-Cons meetings as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Supervises and mentors operational staff to ensure client satisfaction.
- Provides outstanding customer service by establishing excellent working relationships with internal and external clients, other Mills James team members, and all vendors.
- Meet with guests’ onsite to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
People Development & Training
- Promotes and reinforces a positive working environment centered on Mills James core values.
- Lead professional development and training efforts to improve overall business knowledge, technical skills and service at the center
- Effectively utilizes applicable company computer systems and software programs and ensure team members are properly trained.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training in a live event hospitality environment or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum 4 years of customer service or hospitality experience;
- 4+ years of audio visual experience in a live show environment;
- 2+ years of proven supervisory experience; Ability to lead a team
- Proficiency with computer software and programs, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- This position requires the successful candidate to have a valid Driver’s license.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, wellness program, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401(k) and Roth 401(k), with Company match.
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com